Thursday, April 29, 2010

Una settimana tipica a Firenze: Parte I

As my study abroad experience nears its end, I've decided to document a typical week in Florence. For the past few months, literally every single moment has been enjoyable, and I don't want to forget anything.

Mondays start with Italian. Usually, I come up to campus to get some work done (basically, everything I didn't do over the weekend). This is the view from my classroom. I'm going to miss it when I'm sitting underground in Tisch Hall.

This is my professor, Mara. She's great, and we all love her. Unfortunately, we only speak Italian in class, so sometimes I have no idea what's going on.

After Italian, I cross to the other side of campus for my drawing class. This is the view of Villa Ulivi (the academic center) from the center of campus.

Since the weather is now gorgeous, we get all of our supplies before heading outside to draw various parts of campus.

Tuesdays start with office hours in the OSL. It's usually pretty quiet because no one is on campus in the mornings!

I leave office hours and head to lunch before going to class. This Tuesday, we ate in the gardens behind Villa La Pietra, so I had to cross to the other side of campus.

Luckily, there is a driveway that leads to Villa La Pietra. It saved me from having to cross "Death Valley".

Campus is a huge change from NYU. The only downside is that my allergies go insane here.



The gardens are stunning when everything is in bloom.

We had sandwiches from a shop near campus called Bar Lydia. Mine was tomato, mozzerella, and pesto on focaccia.


I usually stop by the cafe in Villa Ulivi before class to get a snack or a drink. They make the best nutella croissants I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment